Planning, implementation, as well as monitoring and evaluation shall be participated by all potential stakeholders on the following strategies:
• Technical Assistance and Advisory Services.Extension Agents/Technical persons shall provide technical assistance to potential stakeholders in making decisions that require professional expertise.
• Communication/Information Services.E-Learning will be used to facilitate access of digital information about extension services online or offline. Brochures, flyers, leaflets and other IEC materials shall be provided to facilitate transfer of technology. All extension materials should be pretested by a designated body of experts for screening process.
• Advocacy/Campaigns.Advocacy/campaigns will be done through community organizing and ground working to empower stakeholders to develop self-reliance.
• Training Programs. Trainings are provided to strengthen and/or reorient knowledge, skills, values and practices. These trainings are categorized into program and request-based.
• Research-cum-Extension/ Technology Transfer Utilization and Commercialization.Establishment of techno-demo will be used to make target clientele aware of technological advancement/ innovations and to demonstrate its importance in improving existing practices, systems, and procedures.
• Community Outreach. Community outreach activities shall be conducted in areas outside the university/college, e.g. pilot projects, community-based social services, mobile clinic, etc.